Thursday, September 3, 2009

The shOOk











Monday, I got to spend some time with Bryan, our cancelled semester non official temporary dorm stewart. He took me for my first time to see the world famous shook. Really quick, the shook in Israel is an outdoor and indoor market where they sell pretty much everything for cheap. Looking around at all the foods and fruits I felt like a kid in a candy store. They fruits I've seen from all over the world, and at really good prices. This is definitely now my source of groceries, and it all taste really good. I never knew either how many different types of dried fruits there are. They had everything, from watermelon, kiwis, and to even strawberries. Bryan did take me and show me a must, he introduced me to a rogalach at the famous Marzipan bakery. A rogalach is a chocolate croissant, that is pretty much filled and overfilled with chocolate. It's pretty much a mini artery clogging bullet, but O so good. The shook was definitely sweet, I even found some kind of dragon fruit there, never would of thought. Thanks again Bryan.

No comments: