Sunday, October 2, 2011

An long awaited Update

To summarize the events of these last couple months; let me start off by just stating that it has been a mind blowing experience. As many of you already know, since July the Lord has put my time in Costa Rica on pause and now in September He has me serving here in Israel. I have been on the ground here serving as the Director of the Teaching Site Campus for the last 3 weeks. I will be here until December, when the study tour is over and then return to the states as the Lord leads.
   Already in these three weeks, it is shown evident that this semester is going to be a stretching one for all of us. It has been so neat getting to know the students; to see who they are in the Lord and know that Christ is going to take them each individually deeper. It is a hard thing to live in Israel though, but we know in the hard times God is doing an even greater work. For those of you who are unfamiliar to the situations here, let me help shed some light. Israel, in regards to spiritual warfare, is a furnace. The battle here is intense. As one of the ladies out here put it, Here your weaknesses get attacked hard and in your strengths you attempt to compensate for your weaknesses but then those strengths turn and become your weakness as well.” It doesn’t stop there though, the same Spiritual warfare happening in the supernatural realm makes itself manifest physically on top of that. With recent news of the Palestinian territory continuing on for statehood, we see the spiritual battle against the promises of God being made manifest through this dispute of land. With all this being said, there are two categories of prayer I request. First, please pray for our mental safety and continual perseverance in God’s truth as doubt and self-discouragement is a continual fight we have here. Second, please pray for our safety as we live in this place with real life dangers all around. There are 20 students and 2 staff member including myself, please continue to pray for all of us. We desire to know God more and be known by Him in the intimate way He desires (Matthew 7:23), which means we can use and appreciate every prayer sent our wayJ.
   
   I want to thank all of you who have been continuing to support me in prayer, love, and finances these last 9 months. You have been such a blessing and I thank God so much for all of you. He has been so faithful and gives us all the privilege to obey and be a part of His work. I am so thankful to be partners with you in all that He has been doing through His ministry. I wanted to make sure and notify you as well that by much prayer and miraculous opening of doors. The Lord has now provided a paid position for me. I say this to show a praise report in what He has provided and to inform you that anything given will no longer go to self support but will be used fully in ministry to others. I am so thankful for your Love and care. As the Lord continues to guide, I look forward to see what else He will do in the ministry that He has here for us in Israel. Thank you for partnering with us, it’s an honor to serve with you and may we all continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of who He is.

No comments: